This is interesting. I thought I'd do a very quick, rough test. I wrote a fast script:

on mouseUp
  put fld 1 into tPath
  put the milliseconds into tStart
  repeat 100
    set the filename of img "testImg" to ""
    set the filename of img "testImg" to tPath
  end repeat
  put the milliseconds - tStart
end mouseUp

I realize there aren't many repetitions in the repeat loop, but I just wanted to get an idea. Just as Wilhelm says, in MC it took between 139 and 142 milliseconds. In Rev, the same script took about 159-161 milliseconds. So that's consistent with what he reports.

Then I added a lockscreen:

on mouseUp
  put fld 1 into tPath
  lock screen
  put the milliseconds into tStart
  repeat 100
    set the filename of img "testImg" to ""
    set the filename of img "testImg" to tPath
  end repeat
  put the milliseconds - tStart
  unlock screen
end mouseUp

The results were identical on both IDEs -- 45 milliseconds consistently with no deviation.

I don't know what this means. The refresh rate of the screen appears to vary, but I thought that was set in the engine. Locking the screen made my test give identical results though.

I understand this is not conclusive. Just interesting.
--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]