I was starting to think about creating the standalone-building engines in the MetaCard Setup utility I just released, when I thought, wouldn't it be better if we didn't need to create special copies of MetaCard to build with? So I altered my copy of the standalone builder so that it works with engines named either "MetaCard" or "Standalone" (the last is what Rev uses for its runtime engines.) Seems to work okay, though I didn't test it very much. But on my Mac I was able to build a simple standalone by pointing the SB to Revolution's "Runtime" folder and choosing either the Mac or Windows standalone engines.

Would this be a preferable change? It's only four new lines of script, but I'd feel better if some people tested it before we use it.

If you want to try it out, edit the script of the Build button in the Standalone Builder. Inside the first "if" clause, you'll see this:

   if tExtension is ".app" then
get shell("cp -R" && quote & EngineFile & quote && quote & DestFile & quote)
      if it is not empty then
        answer error "Error copying engine file."
        exit to MetaCard
      end if
      put "/Contents/MacOS/MetaCard" after EngineFile
      put "/Contents/MacOS/MetaCard" after DestFile
    end if

Comment out the last couple of lines and change it to this:

if tExtension is ".app" then
get shell("cp -R" && quote & EngineFile & quote && quote & DestFile & quote)
      if it is not empty then
        answer error "Error copying engine file."
        exit to MetaCard
      end if
      # put "/Contents/MacOS/MetaCard" after EngineFile
      # put "/Contents/MacOS/MetaCard" after DestFile
      put engineFile & "/Contents/MacOS/MetaCard" into tTempName
if there is no file tTempName then put engineFile & "/Contents/MacOS/Standalone" into tTempName
      put tTempName into engineFile
      put destFile & "/Contents/MacOS/MetaCard" into tTempName
if there is no file tTempName then put destFile & "/Contents/MacOS/Standalone" into tTempName
      put tTempName into destFile
    end if

See if it works.
--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]