This is getting weird. After trying all sorts of things on the Windows machine, I figured I'd compile it with my previous MC version 2.8.1 and go back to the old code that I know works. But even that failed to fix it.

So even with the old code that used to work flawlessly, and the previous version of MC which also worked flawlessly before, attempting to launch an url failed. I swear it worked before. I always test that before final release.

I'm wondering if there was some sort of Windows update that broke it? The WinMachine belongs to my fella, so I'll have to ask him. Windows is always putting out patches and so forth, I've no doubt that at least some of them have been installed since my previous release.

I can go to the internet outside of MC just fine. I can open IE and type in an address and it goes there, so the internet itself is working.

I had it run thru several attempts to go to an URL, everytime checking the result, and if the result was not empty, it would try another method. I had it "answer the result" so I could see what results it was getting. I got three different results from three different methods of going to an URL:

Can't open file
1
Process already open (I guess after it failed the first attempt, the process got locked open, so it didn't try the others?)

Shari

I don't think so. I just tried the same line as above in the Message Box on Vista, and got the result, "not opened". Same on XP. Tested with both IE as the default browser, and with FireFox.

I'd thought this worked in v2.9 - what's the missing piece?

I tried it in the message box on XP with IE, and it failed. Worked fine on my Mac, both as launch url and my original code.

What really puzzles me is why my original code for launching an url on Windows failed. It used to work flawlessly on Windows. Let me go look at it again...

--
  Humorous sports t-shirts
  http://www.villagetshirts.com