David Bovill wrote:
I've read the instruction about installing MC - and remember some earlier
discussions and experiments along the lines of installing it within the Rev
environment. I've got an experimental stack which switches the default
menubar from Rev to MC... was wandering if anyone has a set up with MC IDE
as a plugin - one that switches off the Rev IDE reversibly?

In the Files/Extras section of the MC group at Yahoo there's an old plugin named "FlipsIDE" which does that: you put it into your Rev plugins folder, and it allows you to flip to other IDEs like MC.

In spite of the warning with that file's entry there, Kevin has since fixed an issue with the Message Box so that since v2.7 it's had no crashing issues that I'm aware of.

I've since abandoned the tool, since it occurred to me that very few people who want to use a different IDE would bother launching Rev first. Jacque has since made a very excellent fully-automated setup tool for MC which in my opinion is far more preferable.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation