Hi Wilhelm,

Thank you, Klaus! Works like a charm.

You're welcome .-)

As I not a permanent and exclusive user of MacOS I need to learn a lot about the new structural elements and especially about "plists".

Well, OS X IS userfriendly, but as the word says just for the end-user!
Developers do not have this pleasant time :-D

Putting the Rev engine into the contents/MacOS folder of the bundle you sent me first produced an error message (in German on my machine) stating that this program is not supported by the architecture. But as you indicated, the engine has to be renamed to "MetaCard" and then all is fine, even a Metacard icon shows.

But apparently there are more ways to do this. Again following your advice above about changes to the plist file, I tried that before your bundle arrived here, i.e. I did just that in the folder into which I had put the complete Rev bundle along with the MC IDE. Here engine and MC IDE are started, only the tool bar shows "Revolution" as the program. I edited the plist in only two places and renamed from Revolution to MetaCard

- CFBundleExecutable  and
- CFBundleName

and now "Metacard" is displayed in the tool bar - *without* having changed the name of the engine from Revolution to MetaCard. If I rename the engine to "MetaCard" then the program does not start in this case.

Yes, OS X checks the entry in the plist and the actual name of the "executable" inside the app-bundle.
No match, no fun!

The only thing that differs from your bundle solution is that with my "plist-changes only" the Metacard bundle shows a generic application icon with an "A" in the icon.

It WILL show the correct, but only after the next restart or log-in!

Once again, thanks for your help.

Wilhelm

Best

Klaus Major