On 10.03.09 at 20:11 +0000 Hugh Senior apparently wrote:
Since it's modal, the window is blocking and has to close before anything
can be done at all outside the modal. The only thing that springs to mind is
you trap cmd.period in the modal itself.

2p

/H

Modifying the dialog to trap cmd-. is doable. However, the problem is how to pass that cmd-. further -- as Richard explained, the exit to top does not work as expected, that is the script exists to top within the dialog stack while the calling script continues.

I wonder whether it is possibly to send cmd-. (in time) while closing the dialog. It should either carry over to the loop below or auto-cancel the next dialog popping up.

A workabout I use is to have a cancel button in such a dialog and check for cancel in the looping script.

Robert