Title: Re: [meteorite-list] Ebay, Selling, Quiting, etc. Last

 Hi Walter,
   I dabble in astrophotography from time to time and have a Kodak DC 240 digital camera. Not one of the best digi cams but it's decent enough. I have shot the sun, moon, Jupiter and Saturn. It's a bit tricky as you know but decent results but nothing Earth shattering. Your Sun and Moon shots came out very well! I used a Nexstar 5 scope. They make camera adapters to attach dig cams to the eyepiece, one company that makes them is called Scopetronix. I think Orion Telescopes now makes one as well.

Happy new year Walter and to all on the list!

Regards,
Tom Randall

BTW, I have recently developed an interest in astrophotography and I will be spending more time with this.  My initial efforts were on Christmas eve, December 24.  I used a 70mm scope and my digital camera, which was held to the eyepiece.  Here is the best of a series I took of sunspots:

http://www.branchmeteorites.com/photos/sun12-24-01a.jpg

and here is an image of the moon, same setup,

http://www.branchmeteorites.com/photos/moon12-24-01a.jpg

Best wishes and Happy New Year to every one!

-Walter