Hello Rob,

in the archives of the mailing you will find a mail from Michel Franco (link below). It's a document from the CEA (French Research Center) concerning the fall of Saint-Severin. We can add that this publication includes a calculation of the atmospheric trajectory, position of the different fragmentations and possible orbit.

Trajectory : 282° W-NW
eight fragments on 10 km
TKW : 271 kg

 Orbital speed: 35.9 km/s
 Entry speed related to Earth : 14 km/s +or- 1.4 km/s

 First break point :
 - altitude : 15.3 km +or- 0.8 km
 - speed : 2.4 km/s +or- 0.3 km/s
 - incidence angle : 17.2° +or- 0.9°
 - abscissa from final 113 kg impact : 22 km +or- 2 km

To obtain this document contact:
Service Central de Documentation du CEA
CEN-Saclay
B.P. n°2
91190 GIF-SUR-YVETTE
FRANCE

Best Regards,
Richard & Roland Pelisson
www.SaharaMet.com

===============
original mail from Michel Franco
http://www.pairlist.net/pipermail/meteorite-list/2001-April/003213.html
[meteorite-list] Re: Small crater size info wanted
Thanks ever present Bernd !I am proud to add to your list the Saint Severin fall (amphoterite LL6)27 june 1966 at 15 h 40 legal time in France) where 8 objects dug holes in our country:
A) 113 kg fell on a calcarous cliff and bouced down on a path.
B) 57.6 kg dug a 0.80 m dia hole at 0.50 depth
C) 27.2 kg dug a 0.50 m dia hole at .040 depth
D) 19.9 kg dug a 0.30 m dia hole at 1.50 m depth
E ) 2.7 kg fell on a paved path
F) 45 kg dug a 0.40 m dia hole ar 1.85 m depth
G) 0.35 kg layed on the ground
h) 5.2 kg was found at 0.70 m depth
This fall happened in different soils which explains that the depth ofburial are not deeper when object louder.
from
          La météorite de Saint Severin
          Recherche de la trajectoire atmosphérique et de l'orbite
          by Daniel Nordemann, Jacques Tobailem, Charles- Henri de LAssus St Genies
         CEA report CEA -R- 4045 Nov 1970