Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]Im Auftrag von Martin Horejsi
Gesendet: Freitag, 29. März 2002 18:53
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: [meteorite-list] The Brustseite

Hi All,

On page 52 of O.R. Norton’s new book, the Cambridge Encyclopedia of Meteorites, he uses the term brustseite to describe oriented meteorites. The footnote at the bottom of the page offers the following: “The word brustseite is German literally translated as breast side, or more appropriately, front side. It is a seldom used term in meteoritics today, but still useful when referring to oriented meteorites which in many cases mimic the shape of the female breast.”

Disregarding the “appropriately”-ness of the translation, I am wondering if there is a more breast-like oriented meteorite than Archie, Missouri. Here is a link to a picture (it’s just a meteorite picture, no comparison is included):

http:aristotle.isu.edu/web_presence/archie.jpg

Remember, Archie is 70 years old (;- )

Cheers,

Martin