All,

Regarding the IMCA and eBay, I think that only positive messages should be
used.  Something like, "Member in good standing of the IMCA.  All material
sold is 100% guaranteed to be genuine."  Then include the logo.

Simple as that.  Anyone who looks around eBay should notice this logo and
text on a lot of meteorite auctions.  If they're smart, they should wonder
why the guy claiming to have a "Leonid Meteor" for sale does not have such
a guarantee.

This positive message says _nothing_ about anyone else or their auctions.
Thus, eBay can't get its knickers in a bunch over it.

The only problem is the subtle implication that any dealers who are not
members are somehow suspect.  Unfortunately, that problem is there no
matter what.  Any time a business is not a member of a professional
organization (take the Better Business Bureau for example) people may
wonder why not.  Still, I see it as an important first step.  SOMETHING
needs to be done, and eBay won't/can't do it.  Who else does that leave?
Just us.

Bob Martino                        Can you really name a star?
                                   http://home.columbus.rr.com/starfaq/
"I look up to the heavens
 but night has clouded over
 no spark of constellation