Kevin,
I figured if  anyone had the "rest of the story", it would be you!
That explains why Harry Horn and the info Babe reported "some persons
had questioned it even being a meteorite"  (looking at each other as to
why would  anyone mess up this great story!!!) Your calling the reporter
and my emailing the news director at least had some effect!
Can't wait to see if they actually report NASA's results!
Kevin, great follow through and  update!
THANKS,
Ken Newton
--- Begin Message ---

Kevin,

Did you see the report by It was on WZVN tv - Naples, Fl.  this morning and at 6pm. It seems a young man found a red-hot "meteorite" at the base of a palm tree in Naples. No meteorite was shown, just a burnt area at the base of a palm. The "meteorite" was magnetic and sent to NASA for testing. I checked their web site  http://www.abc-7.com/ . It is not mentioned there as yet. I emailed the news director after seeing the morning blurb and expressed my doubts that the "meteorite" was genuine.  I was thanked for my concern and told that  NASA was going to check it out.   I noticed that he then  spent 11 mins. viewing  my meteorwrong page.

The evening report included the fact that many persons had phoned in after the report and some had doubted that it was a real meteorite. He also include comments from an expert from the Smithsonian Institution that hot meteorites are extremely rare but possible.

Ron Baalke has not heard of this yet either. If you find out any more will you  share your info?

Ken Newton - lehigh
 me --- End Message ---