Does any one have any  idea if you would get pelted a lot  if you lived in a giant space city? (1x1 mile)  Orbiting around earth
Thanks John

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Greetings I'm just another citizen who loves meteorites, only have a small Odessa but one day I'll find another.  My post about the asteroid impact was just an observation that I've noticed since more and more "near misses" have been reported in the media.  I too find it a bit disturbing when media outlets sensationalize such events, but as I said it's better to be safe than sorry and really in today's world I don't think an asteroid scare matters much to most common people.  They need sensational artistic interpreted animations of giant fireballs destroying cities in order to fully understand the seriousness of the issue.  That's why I say we need more education out there about asteroids and comets.  Granted we should be careful about crying wolf one to many times but that wasn't the case this time.  This thing was found three days after closest approach?  Who knew? Hopefully we all will the next time it happens preferably before it happens.

Thanks all,

Ron