In a message dated 6/24/2002 3:23:49 PM Mountain Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Has anyone heard tell of a jeweler making cabochons out of a chondrite,
not an iron?  It occurs to me that some of the LL3s and LL4s might make
really lovely ringstones and pendants; a ring with a .5g cabochon of,
say, Begaa might make a nice conversation piece, as well as proclaiming
your love for rocks from space!  With all the NWA stones, I'd be surprised
if no one was doing some experimentation.

Since you ask....
I had a few belt buckles made with cabochons of Gold Basin.  I picked Gold Basin for the experiment because it is a pretty but sturdy meteorite, and Jim Kriegh provided me with some crack-free pieces.  (Thanks Jim)

I am sorry, they are not on my site (yet), please contact me off-list if you are interested.

Anne Black
IMCA #2356
www.IMPACTIKA.com
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]