Title: Re: [meteorite-list] HELP PLEASE
hmm Steve.. what was the meteorite?

Rosie
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 10:08 PM
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] HELP PLEASE

Hi Steve,
   My guess is this guy is NOT an IMCA member. I would suggest you buy
only from members of IMCA or other known, established dealers - PERIOD.
   Best wishes, Michael

on 7/10/02 6:09 PM, meteorite1.com at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Steve inquired: <<> Hi list. I have a problem, and I do not no what to do. I bought a
> meteorite slice from WWW.METEORS.COM <http://www.METEORS.COM>  in Texas. That was almost 4 weeks
> ago. I've called, e-mailed these people and nothing.My meteorite slice was
> payed for already, but so far nothing. Could someone give me advice? The
> person in charge is DUANE PENSHORE.Let me know!>>

Hello Steve from Chicago,

I'm going only by memory as the name sounds familiar.  I believe I remember selling him two Nadiabondi slices in 1999.  Since it was a telephone order it was completed off-line and is not in my computer database, and those records are filed away and too difficult to research for this.  I remember that he was a student and I believe Texas was the location, if it is the same person.  I think it was.  That is not a common name.  I have seen the Meteor website advertising premium specimens but I was not personally impressed with the offerings.  When I spoke to him he seemed nice, and apparently responsible.  I note that the website seems to be updated only to March, so maybe something happened.  That's all I can add to this.

I suggest that you contact the credit card company (or bank, as applicable) and cancel the transaction before the opportunity expires, often a month.
Ron
R. N. Hartman
METEORITES and MEMBRANE SUSPENSION BOXES

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.meteorite1.com

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> www.membranebox.com <http://www.membramebox.com/>

Mailing address:
The R. N. Hartman Collection METEORITES
P.O. Box 94
Walnut, CA 91788-0094 (U.S.)

> Hi list. I have a problem, and I do not no what to do. I bought a
> meteorite slice from WWW.METEORS.COM <http://www.meteors.com/>  in Texas. That was almost 4 weeks
> ago. I've called, e-mailed these people and nothing.My meteorite slice was
> payed for already, but so far nothing. Could someone give me advice? The
> person in charge is DUANE PENSHORE.Let me know!
>
> =====
> Steve R.Arnold, Chicago, IL, 60120
> I. M. C. A. MEMBER #6728
> The Midwest Meteorite Collector!
> Collecting Meteorites since,June, 1999!!!

"Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things."
-- Dan Quayle, 11/30/88
--
Worth Seeing:
-  Earth at night from satalite: