Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2002 8:30 PM
Subject: [meteorite-list] faeton

Hi List,   How can you advertise "Oldest meteorite Faeton  ? "  And then in your description say it is made up of HALF carbon outside the earths origin. This would imply that it is no meteorite at all .  Please tell me what is this stuff   ?  !!
   It seems to me that it must be, If Real, some kind of impact material ?  It also says something about a (CV3)Shunghit  Deposit , I have never heard of a meteorite fall considered a DEPOSIT .
      The auction #  2121347290    check it out 115 grams starting @ 9 dollars seems like the price even tells me it isn't a meteorite.
      Can somebody tell me what the heck this stuff really is ?
   Best Regards to All , Steven Drummond   "The Unknown Collector"  :-)