Of the various rock types, e.g. "grey melt", "black
onaping",,"fallback breccia", and so forth found in
the Sudbury Complex, where would a  person
expect to find the best preserved shocked quartz?

I would like to have a a thin section containing shocked
quartz in my thin section collection.

Yours,

Keith Littleton
New Orleans, LA

P.S. Of the above, I would guess that the fallback
breccia would have the best preserved shocked
quartz and the black onaping might have partially
melted and highly altered shcock quartz.  Any other
suggestions and recommendations would be greatly
appreciated concerning where to find the best
preserved shocked quartz.