Rosemary Hackney wrote:
001501c262b1$8d8a9c00$9777d6d1@default">
Allusions have been made that it was a space ship that "exploded" above Siberia.

"Allusions" of "Illusions" that are more like hallucinations.....

There are many legitimate reasons for not addressing such off topics, and we legitimately close to door to UFO here unless it is quoted in a report adjunct to an identification of a fireball , or if "UFO" is used in original meaning not associated with spacemen/ saucers  etc.  I remind the list that "UFO" machinations are one of the specific topics forbidden here.   There are ample lists elsewhere to debate the unprovable.

I am not prejudice against UFie's  but feel that UFO talk is fruitless with respect to meteorites.   The door is closed here because to a "UFie",  EVERY meteor/fireball is a crashing space ship and they go on ad nasueum in discussion, ignoring the observable facts. They believe what they believe in spite of other less romantic more mundane evidence.   UFO discussion groups stack evidence with non evidence in piles supporting their conclusions and discard evidence to the contrary.   So no personal ping on this Rosemary.  In this case, if I were debating, I'd ask questions about  assumptions of facts which are not in evidence--  e.g. Who recovered the flight data/voice recorders and determined the crew's intentions?

Regards,
Thanks, and Just wanted to nip this in the bud
Elton
______________________________________________ Meteorite-list mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/meteorite-list