Robert Verish writes:
> "that shock and weathering grades were problematic for
> pairing purposes" but they had no problem with petrologic
> class (or metamorphic grade).  In fact, they used a noble
> gas isotope study to prove that all the L6 specimens were
> indeed, paired to the same fall!

Of course, you are absolutely right. I think am getting
old: I can't remember the contents of a paper that I have
read only a few weeks ago... :-(

I just don't know if there were L4 or L5 specimens found
inside the proposed L6 strewfield that were excluded form
the pairing *just because* they were of a different
metamorphic grade...?

I still think that there might be fuzzy borders between
metamorphic grades, or that a small thin section is not
representative for the whole specimen.

Bob's thought that the different petrologic classes in the
Gold Basin shower would indicate a rubble pile meteorid as
the parent body is excellent. I just want to caution that
there might be uncertainties in the assignement of metamorphic
grades, but I am no scientist, so I don't really know.
Just my three (Euro) Cents worth of thoughts...

Greetings,
  Herbert