In a message dated 10/2/2002 10:32:55 AM Mountain Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Second question is TKW. In the first report in MAPS 37 the TKW is
discribed as 110kg. But I just came across an article by Anne Black in
Fusion Crust (march 02). (You should see the outstanding Tafassasset
specimen on her page!) She reports about recent analysis and the fact,
that some of the material recovered in fact turned out to be meteorites
of other petrologic types.

Thank you very much Svend!!
I have many more pieces if anyone is interested.   :-)

As far as I know the TKW is still at best uncertain.
I have copies of 2 reports on the composition of Tafassasset. One from the Musee d'Histoire Naturelle in Paris, and the other from the Max Planck Institute.  Both classify Tafassasset as a Carbonaceous Chondrite, Renazzo-type, with relict chondrules.

I also have some thin-sections of Tafassasset, if you would like to study it and decide for yourself.   :-)

Let me know!

Anne Black
IMCA #2356
www.IMPACTIKA.com