Some time ago I remember putting up an obvious fraudulent meteorite on eBay.
It was intended as a warning to gullible eBayers.
I believe I offered "dried wasps from Mars" as an alternative to the "Frass Meteorite Insects."
It was a lot of fun and I thank many of you for bidding (I never collected).

So I was amused to find someone else using the same technique...
Have a look at this auction:
#10 Extremely Rare TETE BECHE Pair- Certified Item # 803378686
Anyone who collects early US stamps will know immediately that something is wrong.
It's a great read and a nice idea revisited...

When I discussed the technique with eBay lawyers a few years ago they weren't too thrilled.
"As long as you were selling something," they said, "it was OK."

Anyway, enjoy...