Hello List,

Happy New Year from me and my family to yours.  2002 was a very exciting year for me in meteorites and I am looking foward to great 2003.

I have a little time this morning so I thought I would give my nominations for 2002.

Favorite New Meteorite from a Fall, Bensour
Favorite New Meteorite from a Find, tough one....someone help me here.
Best Deal in Meteorites, Richfield...an LL3.7 sold several times under $5.00 a gram!
Best Meteorite Show: Tucson...the low turn out at Denver makes this a hands down winner.
Best New Meteorite Book: The Encyclopedia of Meteorites, by Richard Norton
Best Supporting Actor....sorry wrong list.
Best Priced Iron Meteorite: Sikhote, having flooded the market for two years now, Sikhote is at an all-time low, buy a large one before they go up!
Best Deal on NWA Meteorites: I will give this a tie, CR2 and R3.9.  Both which can be purchased at prices close to 1/10th their original asking price....wow!
Best Meteorite Party: The Birthday Bash.  Hispanic culture music and Magaritas..oh yeah...and some of us meteorite people.
Worst Deal in Meteorites: Ected and sliced Taza...($5-$10 a gram, come on people, Taza is not that rare.)

We end this year with a couple positive notes as well.  The first year of the IMCA without any major snags, numerous Mars and Moon meteorites, and the start of Meteorite Times, to name a few.

Anyone else's thoughts?

Mark Bostick "The Big Collector"