Hello List,

   Sigh, the loss of MT will be felt by all - the List, collectors, dealers,
educators, novices, strollers of the 'net and the merely meteoritically
curious.

    Jim, Paul, I want to thank you for sharing your dream, enthusiasm,
knowledge, and most importantly, free time with and on behalf of us. It is
not worth MT continuing if it brings you angst and dread - life is too short
and you deserve far better.

  People who volunteer, unfortunately, carry the same, if not greater risks
in carrying out their endeavor. Your dream as evidenced by the wonderful
issues of MT was to create an open, not for profit information forum using
the power of the Internet. Unfortunately, circumstances combined to defeat
your purpose.

  I want to formally applaud the correspondence of Michael Blood and Darryl
Macovich - it is a rare day when men come forward in a public forum as they
did. I for one feel they are being truthful in this matter.

  Maybe from the ashes of MT another infonet meteorite magazine will arise.
If so, let us all remember what has happened here so as to not repeat
history again. Maybe an editorial board can help to spread the
responsibilities of proof reading and fact checking; maybe readers can
express their appreciation in letters and volunteering to help.

  One thing is certain. MT, through the efforts of Paul and Jim, aided by
others, set a pretty high mark for others to follow. And of that they can be
proud.

All the best,
Greg Redfern
IMCA #5781