Jim, Paul and List,

I can only echo the sentiments of what has been posted regarding the end of
Meteorite Times. I too looked forward to each and every issue and a short
time ago I suggested that all of the issues be put together into book form. I
was impressed with the writing and the pictures for it was written in a
language that most could UNDERSTAND. Please bear with me while I explain this
in more detail.

I had for several years, belonged to the Meteoritical Society and as such
received every issue of their journal / bulletin. Now, my background as you
most know is in law enforcement, not science. My high school science classes
were limited. None in college.I have struggled, really struggled, over the
years to understand the science of meteoritics. Each issue of the journal I
received from the Meteoritical Society was so over my head that I really
could not appreciate the aspects of the science involved. That's why I have
been so fond of easier to read books about meteorites from authors such as:
Fritz Heide, Norton, Ninninger, Dodd and so forth. The advanced text books
about meteoritics, while I can certainly appreciate them, just befuddles me.
That is also why I thought "Meteorite Times" was not only timely----but was
so very valuable to more of lay persons like myself. Now that's gone.

I don't know what happened, but I can only say that I will truly miss this
online magazine. I too have referred persons to Meteorite Times---those
interested in meteoritics but, like myself, don't have extensive science
backgrounds. Meteoritic "basics" was the void. Your magazine certainly filled
that void. I can only hope that someday Meteorite Times will return in all
it's splendor, and can again be enjoyed by so many. Thanks for all of your
hard work. And hey, I still  think you have enough previous material to
publish a meteorite information book for the masses. I'll be the first in
line with my crumpled-up bills. ;-)

My best to all,

Steven L. Sachs  IMCA # 9210  / Collecting and Studying since 1990.