Forgive me Steve.  Maybe there are things here I don't know about.  Since I
don't plan on going to Tucson, I haven't been paying much attention to what's
been planned. But I'm sure that your trip will be much enhanced if you rent a
car. It's really no fun to rely on inter-city transportation, especially if you
are unfamiliar with the area. AND...It's very uncomfortable to limit yourself
to someone else's itinerary if you happen to find someone gracious enough to
haul you around. HOWEVER!...If you DO find someone kind enough to offer you
their um..chauffeur services, I'm sure wou will tip them generously.  Rand
Kluge