Ron Baalke forwards...

METEORITE HAS MAN SEEING STARS
By Michael Alexander
The Courier (United Kingdom)
January 31, 2003

AN EAST NEUK man was still rubbing his eyes in bewilderment
yesterday after seeing what he reckons was a meteorite
blazing across the early morning sky.

The man was walking his dog near Kingsbarns around 7am on
Tuesday when a bright object arced across the sky at great
speed, creating enough light, he said, to illuminate his dog
in the dawn gloom.

The man told The Courier, "It seemed to come from miles up.
It came across the sky and I could see my dog with the
light. I took a sighting through the trees to give me a
rough line of where I might search. I just wondered if
anyone else had reported anything?"

In fact, the East Neuk is an area of eastern Fife, Scotland (not England), across the Firth of Forth from Edinburgh. Kingsbarns is a village about 10 km ESE of St Andrews, the Home of Golf. The Courier is a newspaper published a little further north in Dundee, across the Firth of Tay.

Alan
--
Alan Pickup / COSPAR 2707: 55.8968N 3.1989W +208m (WGS84 datum)
Edinburgh / SatEvo Home Page: http://www.wingar.demon.co.uk/satevo/