In a message dated 3/3/2003 12:31:24 AM Mountain Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

It is by no accident that Luke Skywalker lives on Tatahouine. Lucas borrowed the name from that town because they shot the Tatahouine scenes near there. So, I would suspect that the pronounciation in the movie would be very close to the actual pronounciation if not exact.

You are quite right Mark. That is where a lot of the exterior scenes of the Star Wars movies were filmed.
It is really a small dusty market town, but it has a very nice hotel with a swimming pool!  If you want to see a picture I took there a few years ago, go to:
       http://www.impactika.com/tatahouineTUNS.jpg

As for the pronounciation, I think I will go with the simplest:
       TA TA  WEEN ,   all syllables pretty much equal.

Anne Black
IMCA #2356
www.IMPACTIKA.com
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]