Hello Jim, All,
As others have said -- it probably depends on the state.  At least
here in CA, paying sales tax is required for only online sales to
buyers within CA.  Ebay/Paypal have always enforced those taxes on me
when I've bought things.

Anne has just said something similar about Colorado.  Gary seems to
have it a bit tougher in Hawaii.  I don't know how it works elsewhere.

I can't see how this new law would hurt small sellers, though.  Since
only the companies making more than a million per year will have to
charge/pay taxes on inter-state sales, if anything, it gives an
advantage to the folks selling under that range.

Regards,
Jason

www.fallsandfinds.com