It looks like Red Dry Lake near Kingman, Arizona will join the dry lake bed
endangered hunt area list along with Roach, Mesquite and Harper to name a few .
 I was out their yesterday and observed construction or agricultural activity
on a massive scale. The entire south area just off of the lake bed has fresh
property line markers as far as you can see and there was a grader smoothing
out large areas.  They even carved out a 50 foot wide crude road to the lake
bed itself.  The graders are only about 1600 yards away from the lake bed and
are about 100 yards south from the 1953 UFO crash marker.

I know the federal government sold off half of Red Dry Lake to private land
owners in 640 acre blocks some time ago.  This is one of the few areas that you
would not be hassled by the BLM since it is private property.  It is a shame
because new meteorites were exposed on the south end of the lake bed nearly
every year and the ranchers freely gave permission to hunt there.

I am glad that I found a large complete meteorite their last year since the
prime hunting area will soon be graded over.

Happy hunting while you still can,

Adam