There are many font editors floating around out there, some free, most with free trial periods. To do a proper job you need both a good editor and a fair knowledge of font design principles. But if you only need to make some simple mods to an existing font, try the Private Font Editor that is installed as a component of Windows. You can select a font, copy individual existing characters, modify them, and save them to a new character code.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com