Dear Andrzej and list members,
   Thank you for you kind comments about the Odessa article.  "Don't Mess With Texas" can be commonly seen on road signs throughout Texas.  It basically means do not break the laws of Texas or else you will have the Law of Texas after you.  Texans have a strong sense of being from Texas and outsiders and their ideas should stay at "home" if they plan to change Texas.  Texas is like another country within the USA.  I hope that this answers your question.  Texans are some of the kindest people in the USA as long as you "Don't Mess With Texas".   Sincerely,  Dirk Ross....Tokyo

ASPMET wrote:

  Dear Dr. Ross Thank you for your report from the Odessa Meteor Craters. As I am more familiar with meteorites than with the United States, could you explain me, what means "Don't Mess With Texas". Is it a quotation? Regards Andrzej S. PilskiFrombork, Poland[EMAIL PROTECTED]