Steve, List,
Thanks for retelling that account, It's a fascinating example of the human experience, and proves that meteorites may be found hiding right in front of us!
I had forgotten many of the details but now I have them, and other people that have not had the pleasure to meet you, and share some stories, will have it also.
Wonderful story, thanks for sharing.

As far as hunting walls in the UK, I don't imagine it's much different from hunting them here in Mi. where I live. I havn't found one in a wall yet, but it is only a matter of numbers, sooner or later...  I have permission from some big farmers a little north of me, hunting grounds are endless.
So check those walls and fence rows no matter where you live, you never know!

Happy Hunting,
Larry