I think I started actively collecting around '97 or '98, but I'm not entirely
sure anymore.  I started to really become passionately interested  in the
science in around 2001.  At one time, I basically read the entire met list
archive for want of other literature.  Killgore, Haag, Anne Black and a few
others patiently helped me get started.  I started selling around the same
time, and stopped selling, for most intents and purposes, a few years later.  I
completely stopped participating in the list or larger meteorite community for
more than 10 years because I got disgusted by infighting and animosity.  I only
started again when Derek asked me to help edit the magazine a few years ago.
Today, as for most of the preceding years, I just study and collect, though
there are a tiny number of meteorites in my shop because I like occasionally
getting to have a conversation about them.  These days, I mostly use meteorites
for education and outreach, and concentrate my studies on craters.