Good evening list members........

I have just loaded a few auctions on ebay which will be my last before my vacation to New Mexico and Colorado.  Follow this link and scroll to the bottom of the page:

Of special note, starting at a penny, is a small Sikhote-alin meteorite with a double roll over rim (one on each side of the specimen).  I have never seen this feature before on a Sikhote-alin.  So you may want to at least take a look.  The photos are large so that the detail can be clearly seen.

There is also a thin section of NWA 998 along with a small fragment of NWA 998 with fusion crust.  I started it low to give you all an opportunity to own this exciting meteorite package.  You won't see many specimens of this size available with fusion crust.  By now, you have seen Steve Schoner's photos of the thin section using his soon to be patented polarizer.

You all might want to pick up the August issue of Sky and Telescope magazine.  There is an article on Meteorites by our fellow list member, Greg Redfern.  It is a very well written and factual piece with great photos.  I highly recommend it.  Many times articles on meteorites are written by professional authors who crank out a story a month on different subjects and facts as well as the truth are lost in the process.  It is a rare privilege to read an article in a national magazine on meteorites by someone who actually knows what he is talking about.

Best Wishes................

Jim Strope
421 Fourth Street
Glen Dale, WV  26038