Just the sound of crickets...., and of the flies buzzing over the bait....

https://tinyurl.com/Any-ques  ....... tions?

David S. Pumpkins

On ‎Thursday‎, ‎November‎ ‎02‎, ‎2017‎ ‎03‎:‎34‎:‎49‎ ‎PM, Adam Hupe via
Meteorite-list <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com> wrote:

La'gad doesn't show up in the Meteoritical Bulletin. What institution or
scientist examined this exact specimen or is it unofficial or self-paired?

Adam

On 11/2/2017 3:07 PM, Robert Verish via Meteorite-list wrote:

> [...]
> is the iron-stained palagonite clay, the end-product of devitrified glass.
> This is not a carbonate, and it is distinct from the iron-stained caliche
> that is typically found in the crevices of most of the Lunar specimens from
> this locality.
> The surface that was fusion-crusted may be more apparent in this Randy
> Korotev image:
>
> http://meteorites.wustl.edu/lunar/stones/nwa8455_files/image030.jpg
>
> So, to all of you who have expressed an interest in Western Sahara
> meteorites, thank you for giving me an opportunity to write on this subject.
> And, at the risk of sounding like "David S. Pumpkins"....,  "Any questions?"
> http://knowyourmeme.com/news/nbc-announces-animated-david-s-pumpkins-halloween-special
> Bob V.
>

> On ‎Wednesday‎, ‎November‎ ‎01‎, ‎2017‎ ‎05‎:‎23‎:‎41‎ ‎PM, Luther Jackson
> via Meteorite-list <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com> wrote:
>

> What’s your involvement in this auction Bob, just to be clear?
>
> Luther
> UK
>

>> On 11/1/17, Robert Verish via Meteorite-list
>> <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com> wrote:
>>> There is a Eucrite in this auction that may look familiar, and I don't mean
>>> because it looks like Bierschinken.  It is NWA 7496 --
>>> and here is where you have seen it before:
>>>
>>> http://meteorites.wustl.edu/mugshots/nwa_7496_polymict_eucrite.htm
>>> All photos by Randy L. Korotev
>>>
>>> And it made an appearance in the textbook titled, "Asteroids":
>>> http://bit.ly/2hvLJuD   -- as well as, here:  http://bit.ly/2ioeRn5
>>>
>>> And here, as well:  http://meteorites.superforum.fr/t6532p25-bonjour-a-tous
>>>
>>> Although this "pin-up girl" of a Eucrite is a numbered NWA, it has published
>>> GPS coordinates that show it was found in the country of Western Sahara.
>>>
>>> Enjoy,
>>> Bob V.

>>> On ‎Tuesday‎, ‎October‎ ‎24‎, ‎2017‎ ‎06‎:‎49‎:‎48‎ ‎PM, Robert Verish
>>> <bolidecha...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> I just received my copies of the Heritage Nature & Science Auction
>>> catalog.  The photography is stunning.  There are so many items and the
>>> images are so large, they had to make two separate catalogs:  one catalog
>>> for all of the gold nuggets, gemstones, and fine minerals -- and in the
>>> other, are the many meteorites.
>>>
>>> Unlike most of the more recent auctions in which the Lunar and Martian
>>> specimens are slices, there are some sizeable whole stones of planetary
>>> material here.
>>>
>>> You may want to add this to your calendar:
>>>
>>> 2017 November 4 Nature & Science Signature Auction - Dallas  #5324
>>> https://fineart.ha.com/c/auction-home.zx?saleNo=5324
>>>
>>> Although it pales in comparison to the hardcopy catalogue, there is an
>>> online-version for your convenience at this link:
>>>
>>> https://fineart.ha.com/c/ecatalog.zx?saleNo=5324&ic5=CatalogHome-AucType-PrintedCatalogViewer-071515
>>>
>>> I found it to be an educational read.  I hope you find it to be enjoyable.

  • Re: [meteorite-list] Lot... Robert Verish via Meteorite-list
    • Re: [meteorite-list... Galactic Stone & Ironworks via Meteorite-list
      • Re: [meteorite-... Luther Jackson via Meteorite-list
        • Re: [meteor... Robert Verish via Meteorite-list
          • Re: [me... Adam Hupe via Meteorite-list
            • Re... Peter Marmet via Meteorite-list
            • Re... Robert Verish via Meteorite-list
              • ... Adam Hupe via Meteorite-list
              • ... Adam Hupe via Meteorite-list
            • Re... Peter Marmet via Meteorite-list
              • ... Adam Hupe via Meteorite-list