I have a friend who likes to do microphotography; he can produce fascinating
3-D images.  I've loaned him some of my meteorite specimens and he loves taking
pictures of the crystal structures, especially if there are voids or vugs.
Last time i spoke with him, I mentioned thin sections and wondered if he would
be interested in trying microphotographs of that.  Turns out he is VERY
intrigued by the prospect.

Now comes the fun part.  I don't usually go in for thin sections, having none
of the microscopes or polarizing filters to make them pop.  Does anyone have
one or two they would be willing to part with inexpensively so I can let Gary
have a crack at them?  They don't need to be anything rare or unusual for a
first foray; if it turns out he likes them, I will have started him on a new
bad habit :)

Best!
Tracy Latimer