Thanks for sharing,
Tim Heitz

On 7/20/2021 3:48 PM, Gregory Shanos via Meteorite-list wrote:

        A David New Storyby Gregory T. Shanos

On January 2, 1990 I received a package from noted meteorite dealer David New.I did not remember ordering a meteorite and proceeded to open the package.I was immediately elated, screaming and jumping for joy!To my surprise it was a 4.6 gram fragment with fusion crust of the Murray CM2 carbonaceous chondrite which fell on September 20, 1950 in Calloway County, Kentucky.I immediately called David New and thanked him for the specimen.I said “the check is in the mail”.Mr. New laughed and said I knew you would like it.David New stated“when I obtained the meteorite I immediately thought of you since you have a passion for carbonaceous chondrites.I did not add it to the catalog and instead immediately mailed the specimen out to you.”These were the days before the internet where there was much trust between a dealer and their respective collector.The dealers even knew the specialized types of meteorites their collectors preferred. This is one of my most prized meteorites since I never ordered it, the meteorite arrived serendipitously! The Murray CM2 is similar to the Murchison CM2 with respect to organic compounds including extraterrestrially produced. amino acids.

Inline image

 Fragment  4.6 gram  measuring 22mm x 19mm x5mm