It is telling that Mr. Baalke is reminded of the thoroughly discredited N-dog story* by today's dubious claim that a meteorite has fallen and burned a hut in India. The first reports indicate that no meteorites have been found in the hut.

Perhaps this will become another example of Mr. Baalke's oft-stated "logic" (see many past messages in M-List archives), "just because no rocks were found, doesn't mean they don't exist".

And in similar fashion, we are "thankful" that the hut burned, otherwise, the meteorite would not have been brought to our attention.

So we have "no rocks" that "burned a hut" we all know "can't be burned by rocks".

I have more to add in a few minutes......

Kevin Kichinka
Fort Myers, Florida

* see "Meteorite!", August, 1998, pp.16-17, or the same article posted with permission on Dave Weir's excellent website: www.meteoritestudies.com under "Nakhla".