List,

Here's a guy so dishonest (in my opinion) that I'm worried about posting this.  He's a relatively wealthy snake-oil salesman (in my opinion)/alternative medicine practitioner with a radio talk show in New York that has taken an interest in Tektites and Meteorites.  His modus operandi  is to gain your trust with smooth thousand dollar-plus transactions, then call you asking for a top-shelf item to be sent by next-day delivery.  He will promise to send you payment on the same schedule.  When you call asking where the money is, he will blame his staff and promise to take care of it.  He will stop answering any attempts to communicate, even from your lawyer.  He will not return the subject specimen.

He nailed me for $8000. Be warned.

I can't tell you his name because of continuing litigation.

However, if (in my opinion)  his name resembles Dr. David Wheeler, and if his address resembles Lake Oswego, Oregon, and if he has a radio show in New York, (in my opinion) you would be wise to avoid business (?) transactions with him.  Bear in mind that any resemblance to any real Dr. David Wheeler of Lake Oswego having a talk show in NY is pure coincidence (in my opinion).

I'm sure Dr. David Wheeler of Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA (if such a person exists in reality)  is a fine upstanding citizen.  The evil (in my opinion) guy that might seem to match his description, name, and address is a crook and  common thief (in my opinion).  I hate being ripped off and would hope to help avoid this for any of you on the list.

Cheers,

Norm