Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2003 10:54 AM
Subject: FW: [meteorite-list] Cutting Meteorites

A tip for cutting small meteorite slices (Chondrites) with a Dremmel tool is to use a thin cutoff wheel and paraffin.

Take an old candle and cut into it while the wheel is spinning, then alternate a little bit of cutting the meteorite and cutting into the candle. It works miracles.  (you need a nice small vice as well and a pad for your arm at the same level so that you can work accurately)

-CharlyV