My mistake -- it was indeed the Canary Islands that have a big loose chunk that is being monitored for the chance that it might break off. However, in my defense, the Azores were also mentioned as having the same type of geology, and possibly being subject to the same problems. My brain malfunctioned and got islands in the Atlantic confused.

Tracy Latimer

From: "Jose Campos" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Tracy,

Tks. for your  interesting info.
I would like to know more about that island in the Azores (?) being watched
for a possible massive landslide.
If my memory is right, I think that I read (quite sometime ago, some 2 yrs
ago or so), about something similar - but refering to one  of the Canary
islands - not the Azores?
Could you please confirm?
Best wishes, regards,

José