Sonny asked,

> I would like know why certain areas hold more meteorites and , could these areas
> be Super Accumulation Areas?  For example Gold Basin has produced 3000 +
> meteorites. Four different types, three ordinary chondrites and one mesosiderite.

If Gold Basin has truly produced only four different meteorite types (isn't it
more than that?), then I suppose I would call that unusual -- unusually low.
With the army of people that have been working that area for so long, I
would expect a greater number of serendipitous finds unpaired to Gold Basin.
What's the approximate area that we're talking about, in square kilometers?
On a good-quality, old surface, the area in km^2 is about how many unpaired
meteorites you should expect to find.

> There has been other strewnfields with different types of meteorite all found in the
> same location.

This is a natural consequence of focused searching.  Meteorites are everywhere,
but people don't hunt just anywhere -- most hours are spent where other
meteorites have been found.  Indeed, once you've found one, that sort of tells
you that the region is "hospitable" to meteorites, improving the odds that others
will be found.

Cheers,
Rob