Oops, that should read, "the top seven are the only ones under one AU from Earth, in date order".  I confused myself by adding 2003 and 2004 to the list, which is where the nine came from.  So in 138 years there have only been 7 approaches to 2003 EH1 under 1 AU.
And 1877 is 2.4 sigmas closer than average...Saludos perhaps someone knows more about St. Marks, please say something.  Doug

En un mensaje con fecha 12/22/2003 1:54:40 PM Mexico Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] escribe:

And, if I rank proximity of 2003 EH1 for the 138 years, the top nine are the only ones under one AU from Earth, in date order.  I find it interesting that 1877, the date of St. Marks EH5) is the second closest approach in the 138 years.

1877 0.52
1904 0.61
1915 0.85
1926 0.23