>>Prions are supposedly heat resistant and carry no genetic material.<<
This brings to mind that micrometeorites don't burn up when they enter the atmosphere. I believe the reason why is because they are so small, that this allows them to dissipate the heat about as fast as it is produced. If the seeds of life on earth came from outer space, I would think they came in as single small organic molecules of some kind and not riding on the backs of comets that produce copius amounts of sustained heat upon impact.
GeoZay