From: Dan Wray <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

    To:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ;
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2004 12:47 PM

Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Cleaning Meteorites

Sonny and list,

    I have had success removing caliche/alkali with a bathroom
    cleaning product called CLR.  It is sold to remove calcium, rust
    and lime.  You can watch the action as it bubbles away the
    coating.  I then rinse in water and then in alcohol before
    drying.  This seems to work with no apparent ill effects.  If this
    is not a good idea, I am willing to accept advice from those more
    chemically astute.

Dan Wray

COMETS