I use to send from (and receive in) Belgium and France to (from) USA,
parcels containing "geological" samples (minerals, meteorites,
impactites...) since more than 25 years.
It never took more than about ONE week (in agreement to what said Anne).

I use "small parcels" (less than 1 kg) as this is cheaper, but larger are as
fast, just a little more expensive.

I send simply "by air mail", NEVER insured (this considerably slows down the
delivery!) and (very important!) put on the green tag for customs:
"geological" or "rock" samples (for meteorites, tektites, impactites..) or
"minearlogical samples" (for crystallized minerals)
"for study (or, sometimes: "as gift"), with no commercial value"
.
Parcels are never open, even if they are sent to my private home, not to my
research lab.

I reckon that from France or Belgium to...Italy, it may take sometimes (but
not so often) longer...

Zelimir

At 21:50 26/02/04 EST, you wrote:
>In a message dated 2/26/2004 7:41:27 PM Mountain Standard Time,
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>

>> I sent a package to Belgium and it took almost 2 months to get to the buyer.
>> You should have seen all the threats and nasty- grams I got from that one!!
>> And this was the second one I sent.
>>
>> Rosie
>>

>I send packages to France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland very often.
>I always send them by Global Priority Mail and they take an average of one
>week to get there. And no problem (Except for the one that made a detour thru
>Australia before going to Austria!  Not everybody knows the difference,
>apparently!!! )  :-)
>
>Anne M. Black
>www. IMPACTIKA.com
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>IMCA  #2356
><HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 PTSIZE=10>In a message dated
2/26/2004 7:41:27 PM Mountain Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
><BR>
><BR>
><BR><BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid;
MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">I sent a package to
Belgium and it took almost 2 months to get to the buyer.
><BR>You should have seen all the threats and nasty- grams I got from that one!!
><BR>And this was the second one I sent.
><BR>
><BR>Rosie
><BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" BACK="#ffffff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR:
#ffffff" SIZE=3 PTSIZE=12 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"></BLOCKQUOTE>
><BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" BACK="#ffffff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR:
#ffffff" SIZE=2 PTSIZE=10 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">
><BR>I send packages to France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland very often.
><BR>I always send them by Global Priority Mail and they take an average of
one week to get there. And no problem (Except for the one that made a detour
thru Australia before going to Austria! &nbsp;Not everybody knows the
difference, apparently!!! ) &nbsp;:-)
><BR>
><BR>Anne M. Black
><BR>www. IMPACTIKA.com
><BR>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
><BR>IMCA &nbsp;#2356</FONT></HTML>

Prof. Zelimir Gabelica
Groupe Sécurité et Ecologie Chimiques (GSEC) - ENSCMu
3, rue A. Werner
F-68093 MULHOUSE Cedex, FRANCE
Tel: +33 (0)3 89 33 68 94
FAX: +33 (0)3 89 33 68 15