To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 7:17 AM
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Largest single Pallasite?

Here's a picture of a postcard showing the Greensburg pallasite being pulled out of the ground. This pallasite is actually a Brenham specimen if I'm not mistaken.

<http://www.arizonameteorites.com/pallasite.htm>

Best,
JKGwilliam

Not sure if it's reliable or not, but a quick web search seems to come up with lots of hits for the Greensburg, KS pallasite as the top piece, at 1000 pounds.

Here's a link to the "Big Well" site where it's housed, but the link on their page to the actual meteorite appears to be broken.

http://www.bigwell.org/

But here's another link that does contain an image....

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/KSGREwell.html