Hola Dos Juans,
I also haven't seen much input to your query, but if you look closely at the image URL below, you will notice there was a VERY LARGE beaker at the Meteorite Mayhem Birthday Bash. I don't know who "it" belonged to, but perhaps someone that was there can enlighten us.

http://myweb.cableone.net/dandrews/beaker.html

I hope this helps in your search for a large beaker.

Best,
Dave

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

John,

I didn't see any response to your question about locating a big beaker...one that is 6 to 8 liters. I too have seen the large size beaker you are asking about at a Tucson show, but I could not recall who it was.

I did a number of Internet searches and could not come up with that size beaker. The biggest I found was 4 liters, but I did find a site that had a 6 liter flask. But that might not be want you want. See below.

http://www.bch.msu.edu/facilities/bmbstores/beakrs-bottles.htm

On the other hand, I became confused during these searches as to what I was looking for because when I searched for large Beakers (with CAPS) I came up with a different sort of BIG beaker. Maybe this is what you wanted but I struggled with the english and metric scales between the two.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/231840.asp

Good luck and let us know if you've gotten the help you were looking for.

John

-------------- Original message from JKGwilliam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: --------------

Hello List, While at the Tucson Show, I bought several large, unetched Campo slices to experiment with. My plan is to treat them in a " Schoner Bath", etch them, and see how they hold up. In the past, I've used plastic tubs for these projects, but this time I want to heat the solution so I need some large Pyrex beakers.

Can anyone tell me where I might find a really large beaker? Someone told me they saw a huge beaker (6-8 liters) down in Tucson, but I can't remember who it was.

The largest one my local chemical store stocks is 4 liters - I'm looking for one that is twice that size.

John Gwilliam