Bob Verish wrote:

Here is a link to an article that I wrote about the
successful meteorite-recovery program in Spain:

http://meteorite-recovery.tripod.com/2004/jul04.htm

There are many links from those web pages, so you
should find some good information there.

Thanks Bob - very interesting. There was a good article on fireball networks in (I think) S&T magazine about a year back. I'm wondering whether new & cheaper technology is making the development of an amateur network possible & what would be a good distribution of stations and how many suitable.

(P.S. - regarding work being done on a "measure how
good a region will be for meteorite recovery", I like
to think that all of our field efforts in AZ-CA-NV are
working to just that same goal;-)

Keep up the great work!

Have White's -
    Will Travel