Elton noted: "Actually folks..there IS a glass impactite found at Meteor Crater. I have read the research long ago but not sure Iremember what it looks like. I even think HHN wrote about it."

You are correct Elton, but the impactite looks like Monturique impactite....which is also glass. when you melt just about any two or more rocks together you get glass. Not window glass, but glass.

Michael is correct on it being burned trash. This was a bunch of it on the side of the storage hill a couple of years ago.

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com