Aye, Aye to lack of noise!! Farther west????? Jerry
----- Original Message ----- From: "Matson, Robert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2005 5:48 PM
Subject: [meteorite-list] Re: Where did she fall?

If anyhitng did make it, my guess would be in the water somewhere,
since there have been absolutely no reports in the media  of any
findings thus far. What are the chances that not one person observed,
or located any fragments in such a well-populated area?

Actually, the Northeast isn't all that well populated away from the coastline. If meteorites landed in western Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire or upstate New York, you're talking a lot of forest and mostly rural area.

I haven't read any reports of sonic booms, so I wouldn't get my hopes
up that anything will ever be found.  --Rob